Choose and edit as your own
Get inspired by the best resume examples picked for your profession and create your!
Add pre-written phrases
Describe yourself as a professional just in 2 clicks! All the phrases you need are prepared by us
Save and Download your Resume
Save it in PDF format. Ready-to-sent to you employer!
-City of Oakland, Counties of Alameda and Santa Clara.
-Fireman's Fund Insurance Company, PeopleSoft.
-Oakland Unified School District, Mount Zion Baptist Church.
-Stanford University, Stanford University Hospital.
Specialization and Expert Experience:
Marketed and conducted community outreach events/health fairs for PCS's Coalition for Nursing Careers in California.
Seasoned Trainer with a Master of Business Administration who is organized, driven and effective at using efficient methods of teaching while focusing on the individual needs of each participant. More than 5 years of experience in teaching and training, instructional design, organizing and facilitating training exercises. A responsible professional with excellent communication skills, who excels at creating effective partnerships and has a passion for teaching that drives growth.
• For a portfolio of up to 17 small businesses, partnered with companies and employees to develop strategic plans, business processes, and brand marketing strategies to achieve business growth.
• Prepared creative briefs and helped businesses create marketing materials (quad charts, pitch decks, and brochures and flyers for expos/trade shows), generating up to 300% the previous number of leads.
• Trained key company personnel on content marketing, instructing on technology acquisition and use, content creation and distribution, and results metrics. This training resulted in an effective team and self-sustaining content marketing programs for several companies.
• Used Business Model Canvas and strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT) analyses to design/document business models, create value propositions/positioning statements, and align business activities, setting a foundation for success.
• Created and led weekly webinars for senior executives on business development, including brand positioning and business marketing.
• Held weekly one-on-one meetings with businesses to share updates, report results, explore opportunities, and confirm milestones against benchmarks, keeping business strategies on track.
• Managed a team of 10 to 20 help desk representatives, ensuring that team members solved customer problems and that customer satisfaction levels remained high.
• Interviewed and onboarded new hires, trained staff on managing customer expectations and delivering effective customer service.
• Evaluated team using key performance indicators such as average handle time and customer satisfaction, using results to develop strategies to support professional development and enhance team performance.
Vibrant innovative leader in implementing finance and data governance business critical programs, products, and solutions across organizations. Skilled at building inertia for new initiatives through strategic partnership development with executive stakeholders. FP&A leadership with Fortune 500 Company. Design of strategic roadmaps and plans necessary for success. Spearheaded multiple successful initiatives including procure-to-pay, vendor management, payment processing, and wealth management, global financial management, and strategic initiatives encompassing full SWOT analysis and positioning. Lead complex risk management endeavors with in-depth knowledge of current regulatory environment related to GDPR, CCPA, data privacy regulations and need to incorporate sensitive data and data privacy into IT controls and data management. Offer twenty years experience in product management, FP&A, product development, and creating program direction and strategy. Added tens of millions of dollars to organizations through value creation and cost structure improvements. Able to identify and evaluate business opportunities and constraints.
CBAP Certified Analyst
Project Management and Leadership
Data Governance - Glossary, Catalogs, Data Sharing, & Lineage
Process Mapping (Future State and Current State)
Financial Analysis including FP&A
Product Management including margin, channel, and go-to-market strategies
Organizational Leader (IIBA Chapter President)
Business Architecture and Organizational Structure
Resource Planning and Implementation
December 2017 - Present, Member of Advisory Council and Curriculum Author - LDS Business College
October 2014 - October 2016, Board Member, IIBA Salt Lake City Chapter, (President October 2015 through November 2016).
Certified Business Analysis Professional, CBAP
Innovative Accounting and Finance Executive who develops strategic alliances with internal organizations to effectively support key business initiatives. Builds and retains high performance teams by hiring, developing and motivating skilled professionals. Committed to cost-effective management of resources and quality performance.
Managed all aspects of accounting and reporting for a $1.5B entity with a total staff of 50 employees including 5 managers. Responsibilities included general accounting, billing, accounts receivable, property taxes, leases, revenue, unbilled, treasury, management of outside auditors, liaison to shared service accounts payable and payroll, and management of income tax submission to corporate. Accomplishments included:
Managed financial and reporting systems implementations for large and medium sized businesses. Reviewed and documented business requirements, re-engineered accounting processes, designed the system and associated interfaces and processes, and developed reporting tools to assess performance and to ensure controls continued to work properly after implementation. Managed the Costpoint and Time Collection consultants to ensure that milestones and objectives were met. Worked with data consultants to develop interfaces and to compile data to be transferred. Worked with reporting consultants to design and review reports. Assignments consisted mainly of the most difficult implementation types, including mid-year, partial database, and short timeline projects. President's Award for Top Performing Consultant, 2008.
Managed the full cycle accounting, finance and management reporting for a $750M newly acquired business unit. Implemented procedures to ensure compliance with company policies, Federal Acquisition Regulations and Cost Accounting Standards. Managed the SAP accounts payable implementation for my group. Implemented monthly program finance reviews to better control revenue and cost and to ensure that revenue, unbilled, billing, profit and risk were properly calculated and reported. Management, review and approval of cost proposals. Reviewed Cost Proposals to gauge profitability and to identify areas of financial risk. Reviewed contracts prior to finalization to ensure compatibility with the original cost proposals. Full cycle financial management from cost proposal development and contract finalization to financial management and billing of contract.
Bachelor of Science in Accounting; 3.92 GPA
Partnership portfolio relationships spanned: interactive merchandising, behavioral intelligence, alternative payments, gift cards, wish lists, mobile e-commerce, third party logistics, content delivery, email services, product recommendations, rich media asset management, marketplaces, competitive search engines, product information management, and multi-variant testing, among others.
eBusiness Strategy Advisor
Hello: Tara Singh is a multi-certified I.T. Risk & Security Leader with 20+ years of technology experience, 13 years in the financial services industry. She brings continued success on leading I.T. Risk and Information Security programs within large organizations. She is acknowledged as a leader, problem solver and trusted advisor with a talent for effective resource management, steering traditional, as well as, cross-functional staff to achieve an overall IT Risk Management framework that supports short and long-term business objectives.
Operating within a multi-year horizon, execution of the following general accountabilities:
- I.T. Risk & Security (ITRS) is a leading advisory services company providing information technology management specializing in IT Risk, Information Security, Governance, Privacy and Compliance (www.it-rs.org).
- As the Head, IT Risk Management, Corporate Support Areas (ITRM CSAs), I was responsible to lead the second line of defence for Information Risk (IR) and Technology Risk Management (TRM) CSAs, which encompasses the Technology Operational Risk Management functions. This included, but is not limited to, leadership of IR and IT CSAs across the enterprise, and implementation of the Corporate Operational Risk Management Framework (ORMF) for IR and IT Risk.
- As the Head of ITRM CSAs, within GITRM, I was responsible to lead the Technology Operational Risk function to support GITRM and Technology for all operational risk categories.
- My responsibilities included oversight and governance on the Cybersecurity Strategy, Roadmap and Projects owned by the CISO, as well as the OSFI Cybersecurity Self Assessment. I was accountable to interface directly with external regulators, i.e. OCC, FRB, as required.
- Lead a global cross functional IT Risk team to support the Wealth Management Business Segment.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams on the implementation of several enterprise technology initiatives within Wealth Management to include Identity & Access Management, Data Loss Prevention, Information Security Awareness Training and Compliance to policy.
- Directly involved in significant mergers and acquisitions. Lead a team of Business Technology Risk Managers (BTRMs) to support TD's multi million dollar acquisitions to augment the Cards Business Segment, specifically MBNA, TD Visa-Aeroplan, UGO and Target.
- Lead a team of BTRMs to support Canadian Banking (TDCT) and TD Insurance, transition to lead a team of BTRMs to support Canadian Banking, Canadian Auto Finance, Canadian Cards, North American Merchant Services and Payment Card Industry initiatives across the enterprise. This includes information security initiatives as required.
- Develop the payment security area within RIM, and provide leadership and effective management to influence strategic initiatives across the organization.
- Collaborate with Legal, Corporate Security and Blackberry Security on strategic payment initiatives to include: Payment Card Industry (PCI), Near Field Communication (NFC), Trusted Service Manager (TSM).
- Lead specific Canadian and Global Risk & Security programs which include completing risk assessments on technology systems and conducting comprehensive information security reviews on behalf of Visa for their clients and third party agents. Clients included but not limited to: RBC, TDCT, CIBC, Scotia Bank, CUCC, BMO, National Bank, Desjardins, Laurentian Bank of Canada (LBC), First Data, TSYS, FiServ, FIS, Moneris, G&D, Gemalto, CPI, Arcot.
- Visa Representative for Payment Card Industry (PCI) PIN Security/PED Testing & Card Vendor, 3D Secure, Payment Technology and Mobile Security Requirements. Represented Visa at the PCI Security Standards Council (SSC) on the Technical Working Group (TWG).
Master of Science (MSc) / Doctorate of Business and Management Research, October 2017 - Present
Master of Business Administration (MBA), 2008 - 2010
Master of Science (MSc) in Information Security, 2005 - 2008
Certificate in Bank Card Management, 2007
Certificate in Networking, 1995